At Interactions 10 in Savannah Georgia, Principal of Health Care at Mad*Pow, Amy Cueva and Interaction Designer and Principal at Semantic Foundry Will Evans discuss various challenges in the American Health Care System, including:
- Providing incentives for all American citizens to keep their Personal Health Records up-to-date
- Leveraging current technology that people are already using such as Google Docs as their Personal Health Record
- Ensuring health care providers, patients, and their loved ones can all access content that is critical to patient recovery
- Building stronger lines of communication between the Insurance companies, patients, and health care providers to improve the overall health care experience
- Looking at creating more services like patientslikeme.com that allow the sharing of experiences at every stage of specific treatments.
Even with the amazing advances in both medicine and technology there is still a fundamental need to ensure the accuracy of medical information and that all players in the health care field including insurers; doctors; nurses; and loved ones work together towards the ultimate goal of patient recovery - both physically and emotionally.